Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Northern Contest that wasn't....

Unlike in the Cities, Saturday was a beautiful day up here. A light NE breeze and mid 60's. Today was more of the same. It figures.....
Was in the porch at dusk last night and watched a boat with two guys in it slowly work their way by the house. They left before it got totally dark. They missed out... Would have liked to have joined them but my boat is in Alex for the winter. Next year we'll join them Mikey!
Hey Stone! I managed to pull those front dock posts one last time, and with the help of two young guys we pulled everything out of the lake. Now I've got that big old dock sitting in the back yard. Oh well, this is the country.
Time to hunt grouse now. My shotgun was acting up last year. It wasn't shooting straight. Hope it works better this year....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dew,
You got to be kidding me, you pulled the boat already? What will all thos bass eat now that you are off the lake? I got some bigger birds down here that might be easier to shoot. Just in time for
Thanksgiving. Maybe a dog too. He should be pretty easy to get.

Dave Anderson said...

I have one of those guns as well! It was so bad I simply had to buy a new one for sporting clays this year. For 5 years I averaged 35/50 and this years average was 40/50, 5 birds better. I suggest you seriously look at a new gun to make certain that it's simply not just you. And the potential of maybe 10 more grouse a year is bound to make the wife simply giddy with joy.

I talked to John about a possible afternoon discussing die cut atributes at the foothills with the help of a known hunting guide. I am sure his boss wouldn't mind him spending time with an important client.

Johnny said...

Dave, the boss wouldn't mind one bit, pick your day...

Stone said...

Hey Dew,

I'm glad it all worked out with the dock and everything. I do miss the guys... The Northern Contest is, and has been, one of my favorite weekends of the year. I hope we can see ya out on the ice... Walleyes and birch bark be afraid!

*********
NEWS FLASH
*********
Uwe and Diane had a nearly 10 pound healthy baby boy today. He has red hair just like the big fella. No name has been given yet.... I'll keep ya posted.

Dewey said...

Ok, first of all, a new gun costs a lot of money! Maybe I can just put my barrel in a vise and straighten it. The question is,"Which way"?
I did sporting clays once years ago. I shot horribly so now have a rule that I must eat what I shoot. Hence, no more clay pigeon shooting.
I keep hearing all this yammering about "going hunting". Hey we can do that "someday". And like the CCR song goes, "someday never comes."
Hey Stone - I missed that weekend too. The new dock is sitting in my backyard.
Back to hunting, I think I'll go down to Uwe's and shoot some of those"...bigger birds..."
Congrats to you and Diane on your new son Dean!!