Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fishin' sometimes hurts....

The plan Friday evening was to fish from 6:30 until dark to see if we could pick up some crappies. I caught a nice bass right away. Those of you who fish in my boat know that I always have a couple of extra rods and reels set up ready to go. Well, in releasing the bass, I managed to impale a finger on a jig from one of those rods. I looked down and couldn't see the barb. It was totally imbedded in my trigger finger, no less. Glenda helped me pull the trolling motor and we made a dash back to the dock. I got a wire cutters, cut the hook and tried to push it through. That, unfortunately, didn't work. I had to take a pliers and pull it out the way it went in. As I was stopping the blood, Glenda got some band aids and asked "what next"? I told her to mix me a high ball as we were heading back out! Never did get much action afterwards. Caught a few small crappies and more of those ^%%$%^%^ bass.
We were the only boat on the lake and it was a beautiful sunset. Everybody else missed out. I wonder what the poor people were doing dad.....

4 comments:

Kurt said...

I hope that this does handicap you for grouse hunting. Somebody needs to shoot the birds.

Johnny said...

It might to tough to ground swat some birds one handed!

Dewey said...

Ground swat?? When a grouse gets up, there's noise and one can pick out where the bird is. With ground swatting, one must pick out the sneaky grouse walking in a stealth like manner through the brush. No easy task with eyes like mine.
Heck, I once hunted three days with a busted hand (finger), so I can certainly ground swat with a sore one...

Dave Anderson said...

Uffda!