Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goodbye.......

I know this will be tough for some of you. I know how many years you've struggled pulling this albatross out of the water each fall, risking life and limb just so I could save a buck. Well, you won't be doing it any more. I'm having some young bucks pull it out this fall and I have purchased a new aluminum dock. A lot lighter and it comes in two pieces with removable decking. Hey, maybe you guys won't mind pulling that one out?? Maybe??
Had to use all my smarts to find some crappies yesterday. Fished until I could hardly see my rod. The fish were biting right at sundown and thereafter. Caught some nice ones and tossed back one that had to go a pound and a half. Next time I'll bring my headlamp. Guess that will be the plan the rest of the fall until it's time to chase a grouse or two...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stone said...

Oh man... Half the fun was watching John watch the old guys in the water wrestling with the dock.

Is there gonna be a Northern contest this year?

Dewey said...

No, Stone. I cancelled it last night. It was just me and Mikey and one boat so that doesn't make for much of a contest. No one else was going to come. An end to an era I guess.....

Anonymous said...

Dew,
You should of sold the old dock to Don

Dewey said...

Actually, I did.....