Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another season is upon us


Well, I hired a young guy that works for me, and his buddy, to help me and "The Great Indoorsman" put everything in the lake this weekend. The new dock is easier to put in but I should have had the front poles made longer. Hope the lake keeps going down. But, what the heck, it looks nicer and isn't that what counts?
Glenda heads for Wisconsin this week so Sam and I will be on our own.The Opener will be kinda different as for the first time in probably 30 years, I will fish alone. Although I do have this 105 lb four legged friend laying on the floor by me snoring as I type this. He always likes to ride in the boat.
One more week and it's off to Wisconsin in search of another turkey. Al says we are also going to look for morel mushrooms. That's gonna be interesting cuz I don't know the difference between poisonous and non-poisonous ones. Think I'll let him to the pickin' Two days of hunting and then it's a mad dash back home for "DeweyFest"
Hey Walker, good luck on your surgery tomorrow.....

No comments: