Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wisconsin



We spent the weekend checking out our land as Glenda haad never seen it without snow. The first shot is me standing in an 8 or so acre meadow looking back on the 40 we walked thru to get to this area. I did not get lost finding this spot!!! I don't care what Glenda says!! We jumped two large deer feeding out there and one grouse. We heard anoth 15-20 grouse drumming. If the spring doesn't get too wet, it could be another good year for grouse.
The second shot was taken a third of a mile East of the first shot. It's right off the main gravel road and is where we someday hope to put our house. In the lower right of the shot is some of the wood I brought up to create more monuments to the gods (deer stands). Oh, and I found 30 or so old tires in this meadow. Anybody need a free tire???
The ticks were out in full force, but that's part of woods living.
This week I gotta pick up my boat as the dock and lift get put into the lake this next weekend. Crappie season is upon us and then it's back to Wisconsin for more turkey hunting.

No comments: