Sunday, July 27, 2008

Building a deer stand in July.......

Well, the intrepid hunters managed to screw up their respective schedules such that we had to erect a deer stand during the bug infested month of July. What we won't do for Kurt. Kurt picked "the spot" and a nice stand was erected. Bugs were non existent for some reason so other than the heat, things went quite well. NOW, we gotta give it a name........
Had a nice ride in Smokey (I named my pickup). Played some Eagles, Kid Rock, Aerosmith and Plant/Krauss. T'was a nice weekend.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you could keep my dad busy for the weekend. You need to put up some pictures of my dad's handy work.

BTW - I love the blog. I check it out from time to time and find it hilarious. I am learning so much about being a great outdoors man. Maybe you should start your own reality show. I would watch it for sure.

~Erika

Dewey said...

Hi Erika! Good to hear from you. I forgot the camera and it's too bad as I would have loved to get a picture of Kurt in his new stand. I'll remember it in October and post a picture then.
I think the reality show would be a great idea but I probably would get censored out of existence. I'll keep it in mind!

Stone said...

Perhaps this stand can't be aptly named until Kurt shows us what he can do up there. If there no deer after a few years, we could call it the Library or the Quiet Place, for that matter.

If this is truly a good spot, and Kurt successfully fills the freezer from it, it might be deserve a more impressive moniker, such as Killing Floor or Deer Hell.

Naming the Voodoo Lounge was a slam dunk. Everyone knows what does, and will, go on in there... Fear and loathing and much gnashing of teeth... and high balls of course.