Monday, March 15, 2010

Took a Drive Last Week.....

I got an email last week from "The Great Indoorsman" His mother-in-law had passed away after a long illness. She was a nice old lady. She always brought me turkey jerky from Frazee and made trail mix for our annual memorial fishing weekend. I thought it was worth the 4 1/2 hour drive to pay my respects.
While I was heading out that way, I took the opportunity to stop in and see the folks where I worked before my retirement. I'm glad I stopped in. I worked with a great bunch of people and although I don't miss the long hours, I do miss the give and take and even the arguements we used to have.
The young guys that worked for me knew nothing about the music I grew up with so I made it my mission to enlighten them on the great music of the 60's. The three hours I was there went so fast and I had so many people to talk to that I never got to test them on how much of my music knowledge they still remember.
I may have to go back there again some time.....
.

No comments: