Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peace on Earth

Whoops!! Sorry about that. The holiday season is over and it's back to business as usual.
After the last snowfall, it was so pretty outside I just had to go out and snap some pictures. I'm, by nature, a lousy scenery photographer but in all fairness, it's hard to capture peace and tranquility on film. I don't know why I even try.
It's still possible to walk in the woods. It's quite a workout but worth it. Deer beds are everywhere and lots of little critters making tracks in the snow. Grouse season is still open but those birds like to bury themselves in the snow and you almost have to step on them in order to get them to fly. Then they blast out of the snow like a missile shot out of a submarine. Once one recovers from the near coronary, it's time to fire the shotgun, normally in a different direction than the bird is flying. Of course, since I now normally hunt by myself, I can always claim that I never shot.....
I've become a news junkie this winter and have become extremely knowledgeable on a wide variety of subjects. Global warming, health care, war, the economy, Norwegian rights (I just threw that one in). I don't care what side of the fence you are on, or even if you like to sit on top of it. EVERY senator and representative will tell you that they only have our best interests at heart (can you spell earmarks)?
Only two things scare me, a smiling congressman and a guy who can throw a good curveball......






4 comments:

NeenahPete said...

I needed to get away from the Packer game and calm down. Thanks, Dewey! These photos were peaceful and calming. Nothing like a fresh snowfall to make a person appreciate a Wisconsin winter. You've done a great job of capturing that in your pictures. Rest of the post was nice too.

Dave Anderson said...

Listening to the Packers on the way back from Mille Lacs this afternoon was as intense as I've been in a long time. Dewey will eventually understand what we mean........hopefully sooner than later, thanks to the Cowboys! All I can say is uffda

Dewey said...

Hey, I was rooting for the Pack and even watched part of the game which says a lot cuz I don't watch football anymore. They showed a lot of heart coming back like they did. Something I normally don't see in the Vikings...

Dave Anderson said...

You make us cheeseheads proud!