Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dewey Gets a New Garbage Can!

I think us country folks spend a bit more time contending with the issue of garbage than do our city brethren.
Spring, summer and fall you don't dare bring your garbage down to the road until the morning of pickup. To bring it down the night before risks a visit from a bear. If that occurs, you will find your trash distributed over the tri-state area. If you don't know your geography, that's Minnesota, Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan. And, since our garbage man come so &^^&*(*))* early in the morning, one must get up at 5:45 A.M. to drag it down the driveway.
In the winter, however, you can drag it down the night before which is exactly what I did one week ago, along with our recyclable container. When I looked out the window the next morning, only one container was visible and it wasn't the garbage can. I put on my coat, assuming it had fallen in the ditch, and went outside to retrieve it. Problem was, it wasn't there. I looked up and down the road but no garbage can. My neighbor's garbage had been picked up so I knew the truck had been by.
"Great", I thought, now I gotta call the garbage company and tell them my can had disappeared. I wondered what that was gonna cost me. Well, the nice youg lady on the phone said that this happens all the time. Seems, sometimes the forks on the truck arm aren't tight enough and the can falls into the truck. At any rate, they sent me out a new can at no charge.
It's the little things in life that are important, isn't it?
I know folks are starting to wonder about the next compilation by "The Old Norwegian" and "Real Texas Fish". Well, Mel and Dewey's Greatest Hits Volume II "The Women of Rock, Country and Whatever" is starting to take shape. As with our previous effort, this will be a collectors item for sure.....
Lastly, I finally had a chance to go ice fishing on Lake Superior for some walleye but came down with a cold and had to cancel. I'm getting withdrawl pains for some fresh fish! Thanks Uwe for the offer!

3 comments:

NeenahPete said...

And a fine garbage can it is. Looks like you country folks have a much better quality of snow than we do in Neenah too.

Dave Anderson said...

So What is Dewey really doing these days!

Dewey said...

Well....I spent four hours in the dentist chair, and donated blood like I do every two months.
I took many walks in the woods and updated my blog.
Nothing flashy but spring is coming and then I get busy....