Sunday, January 4, 2009

Livin' it up at "The Hotel California"??

Ah, once again the intrepid walleye fishermen hit the ice. We actually caught four this year. Stone and Uwe stepped up and caught two each. Nothing big, but better than our last couple of years. Of course, the weather cooperated and dumped a bunch of snow on us Saturday when this picture was taken.
Sunday morning when I first headed out to start chipping the hotel loose it was 17 below. Three hours later we dang near got it to shore before getting hopelessly stuck. Later Glenda, Conley and I shoveled a path from the lake to his driveway so we could get my atv unstuck. We had our plow guy plow a bigger swath to the lakes edge (he got stuck too), so we can try to winch the hotel off the lake tomorrow night. I'm still not sure how that is gonna go.... We just gotta try.
This will be the last year I launch "The Hotel California". It's getting to be too much work for me and Glenda and I can't, and won't, rely on our friends to kill themselves hauling my stuff on and off the lake. It's been a good ride with the hotel but all things must pass.
Thanks to Johnny, Stone, Uwe, Tommy B. Brian and Conley. Of course, a special thanks to Glenda for putting up with all of us. It's been a good ride.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Real Texas Fish said...

Dew; I gotta hand it to you guys - -- Fishing and Drinking beer at 17 below ? Mel

Dave Anderson said...

I was just talking today about the effort ice fishing takes these days. You need to get a nice portable. Check out my next post and it may give you some ideas!

Dewey said...

I have a portable. It's called "The Voodoo Lounge" I don't know how it ranks with others but I do have a neat name for mine!!
Since you couldn't make the time for grouse hunting, we should plan a little crappie action in your portable.....