Sunday, January 25, 2009

40 Years Together.....

It was 18 below 40 years ago tonight when Glenda and I were married. I was, and still am, a very lucky man. It's hard to imagine anybody putting up with me that long, but through all the good times and some very bad ones, we've always been a team. Yeah I know that's a cliche but that's the way it is.
So, to celebrate, Johnny threw us a little party and invited 15 or so of our very good friends. It was so cold but everybody came. From all over the cities to some very good friends who drove down from northern Wisconsin just to spend a couple of hours with us.
When we got home, there was an email card from our good friends in Texas.
Like I said, I'm a lucky man..... Thanks guys...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jason L said...

Dewey and Glenda,

To the two best people I know, may there be many more. Best of luck and I hope all is well

Dave Anderson said...

I have been thinking about your getting married and 18 below. I suppose one advantage was it kept the rif raf away. Obviously it had some lasting effects, congratulations! I hear your son might take me out on my birthday this Wednesday. Do you know of any expensive places to eat near his work!

Johnny said...

Dave,

There's a Burger King right down the road...see you tomorrow.

Dewey said...

I think Johnny was planning on cooking some franks on his grill. You are supposed to bring your shovelas there is a lot of snow on his deck. Oh, and some buns!
AND, Happy Birthday Mr. Anderson!!
I was going to buy you a present but I forgot...........

Dave Anderson said...

Dewey,

No problem.......ALOT of people forgot! Went to GML and John forced me to dress up like I was making sandwiches for SuperAmerica. I did get a good lunch out of the deal, however.