Sunday, December 21, 2008

For What It's Worth.....

Ice fishin' has been slow as usual. I think we've caught 5 or 6 little walleyes and one keeper. Haven't put out a tip up yet this year. It's either been too cold or those lovely 25 mph NW winds kinda take the fun out of trying to man a tip up.
It hit 27 below last week and there's so much snow on the lake, I haven't the foggiest idea how I'll ever get "The Hotel" off the lake. A problem for another day...
Now that I'm through complaining, I got a Christmas card from an old compadre of mine who I worked with in the cities. She had told me a while back that she had terminal lung cancer. Well, in her card she wrote that she was almost through with her latest rounds of treatments and the doctors think she can live one to two more years. She was all pumped up about that.
And I'm worried about getting an ice house off the lake.....

No comments: