Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Times They Are A Changin'

So, I gave blood this morning like I always do every couple of months. If you don't, consider doing it!! At any rate, when I was done I was sitting in the lobby eating my Oreos and drinking my juice. You gotta do that before they let you leave.... At any rate, this guys walks in. He's about my age, tall, thin, wearing glasses. We nod and I go back to my juice and People magazine. I notice he's staring at me. He finally walks over, bends over and says "Do you know who you look like"?
I kinda grinned cuz in my younger years I had numerous young ladies say I looked like Clint Eastwood. No really they did!! Well at any rate I said "No, who"? And he says "Billy Graham" The grin left my face and I think he took that to mean that I didn't know who Billy Graham was so he says, "You know, the Evangelist".
Well, of course I said oh that's nice and told him that in my younger years girls thought I looked like Clint Eastwood. He acknowledged a bit of resemblance and wandered back to his seat.
I finished my juice and left vowing never to go back there again without wearing a baseball cap!
But then I got to thinking on the way home. I'm going out to Uweville tonight to hunt out of The Hotel California in search of a big buck. Maybe a little prayer wouldn't hurt.....

6 comments:

Doug Walker said...

I can picture all the expressions on your face as he said Billy Graham. Laughed out loud. I hope your prayers get answered.

Doug

Dean Eberhardt said...

I was hoping for the lead singer of the Electric Prunes complete with tamborine!

Duane said...

I could take over that group... but I don't want to.
Dean, I think for your birthday I'm gonna buy you a honey badger!

Kurt said...

Electric Prunes...I still can't that song out of my head after last weekend.

Dean Eberhardt said...

I could of used that Honey Badger when I was married to take care of a certain Blue Healer.

Dave Anderson said...

Yeah, probably because you left that Packer Hat I bought you at home. You can wear it to these places you know, nobody cares and it will could divert some of the attention you are getting. On the other hand, maybe you should leave the bible at home next time!

I do give Plasma on a regular basis as my blood type is in high demand. I have a deal with them however, they have to wrap up my wound with green and gold tape. It works.