Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Red Lake Walleyes 2014

Had the opportunity the go up to Red Lake with Johnny, Tommy and Brian. Weather was interesting. It was 35 below with wind gusts at 65 below. Spent 2 days and 2 nights out on the ice.
The guides told us the fishing had tailed off a bit with the cold snap and they were right. We only caught 34 walleyes but were told that we did better than all the houses around us. That, of course, makes sense as Tommy is a great winter fisherman, Brian was born with a horseshoe installed..... and Johnny and I are Norwegians. At any rate, we had a great time and are already making plans for next year.
Mr. Anderson.... we seemed to have our best luck on rainbow fatheads. Go figure.
Had a tough ride home today. Hit black ice on the freeway in Duluth. Did a 360, hit a guard rail and probably totalled my nice pickup. Took a shot from the airbag and am hurting tonight. I guess if you can walk away, it's OK..... I keep telling myself that......

1 comment:

Dave Anderson said...

Uffda, an airbag hit.........well at least you are ok. You know what they say about $hit, it happens. At least it sounds like you caught some fish and I hope you had a chance to get them cooked up at JR's. Interesting place where patience has a nice value! Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.