Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 27, 2001

Eric - 10 years have gone by since we lost you yet I still remember your voice. It's as clear to me today as it ever was. I don't have quite as many dreams as I used to and I have to say that is good. Waking up from those dreams was way too hard on me. I took your son fishing last summer. He had forgotten how to cast so I had to teach him again. I'll take him out again this summer. Your brother bought him a BB gun and he brought it up here. He shot off about 300 rounds and is quite a good shot. Hopefully someday he'll want to hunt with his uncle and his grandfather. Your shotgun is waiting for him. We watched him in a baseball game last year and he runs just like you. We rode bikes together and rode on the ATV as well. He's a fine looking young man Eric and I know how proud you would have been. I promise that when he gets older your brother and I will tell him all about you. He WILL know who is father is. I just want you to know how much I miss you son. You are always on my mind. Always! And that will never, never change. Eric, you were and are and always will be my hero. I love you my son..... Dad

2 comments:

NeenahPete said...

It's nice that you have a grandson who has so many of your son's traits. You've written another heartfelt tribute to your son, Dewey. Take care. Pete

brian said...

Eric was as kind hearted person as I have ever known. He is and always will be missed. I just had to comment on your post. It really touched me, I am not an overly emotional person and am usually of few words, believe it or not. But I have to say how proud of you he would be. Eric touched so many people. Eric we love you and miss you.